- Ownership of Website & Tools. The Website & Tools is the copyright of the ALA and its Licensor and You gain no ownership in the Website & Tools or reports. The ALA and its Licensor shall also retain the copyright, trademark, or other notices in any extracted materials from the Website & Tools or its reports. All design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights associated with the Dashboard belong to, or are licensed by, The Public Library Association and its Licensor.
- Participation. You agree to contribute data as set forth in the survey provided by ALA (the Data). You represent and warrant that You have the right to the Data and are legally authorized to submit the Data to ALA. You represent and warrant that the Data You provide to ALA shall be accurate and complete. You agree to provide truthful and accurate registration information as requested by ALA; to promptly inform ALA of any changes to your registration information; to take all reasonable precautions to safeguard access to your password and to prevent unauthorized use of the Website & Tools; and to promptly report to ALA any unauthorized use of your password or the Website & Tools of which you become aware.
- Assignment of Rights in Data. The user retains ownership of the Data. You grant ALA non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, and transferrable license to access, use, analyze, and publish the Data. ALA shall have no obligation to return any Data to You upon termination or expiration of Project Outcome or Your participation in the same, but will do so if expressly requested in writing. Without limiting the foregoing, ALA may use the Data for ongoing development, promotion, and research purposes. The ALA and its Licensor may also use the personal information associated with your registration providing and improving the Website & Tools and Dashboard. You acknowledge that You will receive no compensation, now or in the future, for the use of the Data. ALA will deidentify any Data distributed for ALA’s purposes. You further acknowledge that Project Outcome is funded through a grant that requires broad distribution and access to the Data and that ALA will act in compliance with such grant requirements in the use and distribution of the Data.
- Reports and Deliverables In exchange for Your agreements above, ALA will provide You with access to the Survey results and summary information through its Website & Tools. ALA hereby grants to You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to use Website & Tools. The license granted herein is limited to Your employees and officers and only in the course of and for Your internal business purposes and may not be resold in any manner. The Report and content contained therein is for informational purposes only and does not constitute advice. You acknowledge that the content of the Report is being provided by participants, and not ALA, and as such the Report is provided on an as-is basis. You acknowledge and agree that between You and ALA, ALA owns all copyright, trademark, trade secret and other proprietary rights in the Survey, the content of the Website & Tools and all intellectual property contained therein and You receive no right or interest thereto beyond the limited license granted herein.
- Attribution. You shall always provide proper attribution to the Website & Tools in any publication or presentation as follows: Information provided by Project Outcome, an initiative of the Public Library Association.
- Limits of Website & Tools Survey. You acknowledge the Website & Tools survey is not a statistically representative survey and makes no claims to be so. You agree that your will not represent or imply that Your use of the Website & Tools, its Data, or reports is statistically representative of Your community. You acknowledge that the Website & Tools is for informational and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for Your professional judgment, including validating the results through other evaluation methods.
- Feedback. You may be asked to advise the Website & Tools, and review, provide commentary and ideas, including survey input and results, (“Feedback”) which may be used by the Website & Tools at no cost and no-fee basis for any purpose without needing to obtain any additional permission, including permitting ALA and its Licensor to use and incorporate the Feedback in the Website & Tools and other works related to the Website & Tools. You acknowledge that You will receive no compensation, now or in the future, for the Feedback. You grant permission for ALA and its Licensor to use your library’s name in connection with the Feedback, only to identify You as reviewer of the Website & Tools.
- Warranty Disclaimer. The Website & Tools is provided AS IS without warranty or obligation to provide any additional services. You assume the risk for accessing and using the Website & Tools. ALA AND ITS LICENSOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, PERTAINING TO THE MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF WORK OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OTHERWISE PROVIDED TO END USER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- Limitation of Liability. NEITHER AMERICAN LIBRARY ASSOCIATION NOR LICENSOR SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE & TOOLS OR ANY INFORMATIOMN APPEARING ON OR THROUGH ANY PORTION OF THE WEBSITE & TOOLS, INCLUDING THE REPORTS. NEITHER ALA NOR ITS LICENSOR SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE & TOOLS, THE DATA OR THE REPORTS. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED, YOUR SOLE REMEDY SHALL BE TO CEASE USE OF THE WEBSITE & TOOLS.
About our Collaborators
Community Attributes, Inc. created the Global Libraries Atlas data dashboard which is an online report and data analysis tool of public library programs and data from around the world. The site is currently under development and will continue to be updated in the near future, and all site data is in the process of being validated and not guaranteed to be accurate.
While the Licensor will use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. This website may contain links to third-party websites, services, and media content that are not controlled by Community Attributes Inc., of which we take no responsibility over the content of such sites, services, or media.