Call for Volunteers: ACRL Project Outcome for Academic Libraries Editorial Board
July 02, 2019
During their meeting at the ALA Annual Conference 2019 the ACRL Board of Directors approved the establishment of a division-level Project Outcome for Academic Libraries Editorial Board. Volunteers are sought from all types of academic libraries for this Editorial Board. If you wish to be considered for an appointment, please review the information below and complete the web form by August 9, 2019. Additional details on the ACRL volunteer process can be found on the ACRL website.
The editorial board is charged to serve in an advisory capacity to ACRL staff regarding the Project Outcome for Academic Libraries toolkit. The editorial board advises on the development and revision of resources and training materials, on changes to the surveys if necessary, and on investment in improvements and new features for the toolkit.
The Project Outcome for Academic Libraries Editorial Board composition requires:
- A minimum of 6 members (chair, vice-chair, and 4 members) with appointments staggered to provide continuity. The editorial board membership as a whole should be representative of different institution types (community colleges, colleges, and universities).
- Members serve a maximum of two two-year terms, except for the chair, who may serve two terms as a member in addition to one as chair.
- Members should be active users of Project Outcome for Academic Libraries, as well as members of ACRL.
- Ex officio members: a representative of each the Value of Academic Libraries Committee, the Student Learning and Information Literacy Committee, and the Trends & Statistics Editorial Board.
- Editorial Board criteria is detailed in the ACRL Guide to Policies and Procedures.
The deadline to volunteer for the ACRL Project Outcome for Academic Libraries Editorial Board is Friday, August 9! The editorial board will begin work during fall 2019. If you wish to be considered for appointment, complete the web form (ALA web login required).
Note: Due to the timing of the approval of this editorial board, the process is separate from the annual division-level and section appointments. Information on those appointments will be posted in December.
Please direct any further questions about this editorial board to ACRL Program Manager Sara Goek at email@example.com or 312-280-5841.