Empire State Library Network
Empire State Library Network: Online WorkshopA workshop was originally scheduled at the ESLN conference in April, which had to be cancelled due to COVID-19. We are offering this virtual format for ESLN members instead.
2-hour online workshop
Date: Thursday, June 4
Time: 10am-12pm Eastern Time
Presenter: Sara Goek (ACRL)
Project Outcome for Academic Libraries: Data for Impact and Improvement
In this interactive workshop, attendees will learn how to use the Project Outcome for Academic Libraries surveys and resources. Project Outcome is a free toolkit that helps libraries measure four key learning outcomes – knowledge, confidence, application, and awareness – across seven library program and service areas. The survey topics cover: Instruction, Events/Programs, Research, Teaching Support, Digital & Special Collections, Space, and Library Technology. Project Outcome provides academic libraries of any size the means to easily measure outcomes in those areas and to use that data as the basis for continuous improvements and advocacy.
Prior to the workshop we recommend that participants register for Project Outcome, review basic materials in the toolkit, and consider a goal for outcome measurement at their library.
- Measure meaningful learning outcomes using Project Outcome for Academic Libraries.
- Use the Project Outcome for Academic Libraries toolkit to administer surveys, analyze results, and create reports.
- Understand how other libraries have used outcome data for action.
- Identify challenges and effective means of implementing outcome measurement to improve library services and advocacy.
- Develop an action plan for successfully implementing Project Outcome at your library.