California Academic & Research Libraries Conference - CANCELLED
California Academic & Research Libraries Conference 2020
Half-day pre-conference workshop - now online at a later date
Date: Thursday, April 1 (TBC)
Time: 1-5pm (TBC)
Location: Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, Costa Mesa, CA
Presenter: Sara Goek (ACRL)
Note from the conference organizers: "With the most recent developments and recommendations from state and local public health officials, the CARL Conference Planning Team, in consultation with the CARL President, has made the difficult decision to move the conference to a virtual environment. While we recognize that this cannot replicate an in-person experience, we want to offer the opportunity for our presenters to share their work, and to learn from them. We will be working out the technical details and schedule in the next few days and will update you when everything is ready."
Project Outcome for Academic Libraries: Data for Impact and Improvement
In this interactive workshop, attendees will learn how to use the Project Outcome for Academic Libraries surveys and resources. Project Outcome is a free toolkit that helps libraries measure four key learning outcomes – knowledge, confidence, application, and awareness – across seven library program and service areas. The survey topics cover: Instruction, Events/Programs, Research, Teaching Support, Digital & Special Collections, Space, and Library Technology. Project Outcome provides academic libraries of any size the means to easily measure outcomes in those areas and to use that data as the basis for continuous improvements and advocacy.
Prior to the workshop we recommend that participants register for Project Outcome, review basic materials in the toolkit, and consider a goal for outcome measurement at their library.
- Measure meaningful learning outcomes using Project Outcome for Academic Libraries.
- Use the Project Outcome for Academic Libraries toolkit to administer surveys, analyze results, and create reports.
- Understand how other libraries have used outcome data for action.
- Identify challenges and effective means of implementing outcome measurement to improve library services and advocacy.
- Develop an action plan for successfully implementing Project Outcome at your library.